Posted by Recipes | Baking
Chocolate Blueberry Cake
Write a review
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 175g brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- Grated rind of ½ lemon
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 225g flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- About 100ml milk
- 170-200g blueberries
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 150g butter
- pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in rind and vanilla, then the eggs one by one.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, cocoa, cinnamon and salt.
- Stir into creamed mixture with blueberries.
- Finally stir in milk to make a soft batter.
- Spread in prepared 22cm tin. Bake for 50-55 minutes.
- Cool in tin for 5 minutes then turn on to a rack to cool.
Living Fruits http://www.livingfruits.co.nz/