Posted by Recipes | Baking
Blueberry Sour Cream Pie
This easy recipe was given to me by my dear friend, Chris, which was her late sister's favourite blueberry recipe.
Write a review
- 100g soft butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup ground almonds
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Mix the above ingredients in a bowl until a soft clump is formed.
- Pour into a 20cm round cake tin with a bottom unhinger.
- Use well-floured hands to push the mixture into the bottom of the tin and up the edges a little.
- Custard: Mix 500g of light or full sour cream, 1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence, 3/4 cup sugar and 2 - 2 1/2 tablespoons custard powder.
- Sprinkle 500g blueberries over the base, then pour the custard on top.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until the pie looks set from the edge into the centre for about 2 cm. The mixture looks wobbly in the middle but sets on cooling.
Living Fruits http://www.livingfruits.co.nz/